Friday, February 6, 2009

Afro American studies, new minor?...hmmm....


I play the role of the weak because I am strong.
Strong because I am backed by a divine power
In which no one understands my joy
This knowledge shall remain esoteric to the Earth
And the Earth will soon decay, for this is only our short journey home
This is a temporary stay, only from our mistakes as people and as half people have we learned to love the wrong way.
To show love is to grow love
To grow love is to know love
To know love is to console love
To console love is to hold love
So as Massah whip me. I patch my bloody prideful scars.
For I know I have something greater. My wounds may appeal to be reptile like.
But beneath my skin, I have a soul that shines his light, and blinds those who slither
Hear my cry
My powerful prayer to God is to me as the power of the whip is, to their sin
From this unnatural state I will prevail and be born again.
Feel my plead
May my humble actions teach my child.
May my beating come to an halt
Consumed by apathy
Let it take your breath
As I stand, now and forever
A lion among man.

No comments:

Post a Comment