Monday, January 26, 2009

Makin Momma Proud....

I say Prairie View A&M University, with a fulsome heart of pride bleeding purple and gold. I feel like I am receiving quality education here, while being amongst those who look like me. Growing up, I didn’t really have a mentor; dads’ weren’t being dads, more like sperm donors. Men were not the head of the house. Waking up every morning is motivation enough, but to see my kind succeed in a system that was meant for us to trail is an entirely different level of inspiration. Coming from fetal positioning on the outside of the wound, to standing high, accepting the responsibility over those whose ancestors constrained us to an unnatural nature. We dreamed of prevailing, and we have overcome.


Initially I wrote this blog because I was upset with the way I felt the university conducted business. Here’s the story, I was in the registrar’s office picking up my transcript when the lady in the office gave me what I like to call, “the run-a-round”. She said, “We have a new system and everything is slow. So come back a little later on.” Now keep in mind it takes at the most 48 hours after your request. I completed a transcript request like a week ago. She just didn’t feel like looking so she wanted me to come back. Lady, what if I got a job interview?! Why do I pay my fees?! What the f*@k is your job?! Just a few things I wanted to say. I’m proud that I didn’t, but I did let my frustrations out on the elevator wall. lol. I just get so frustrated with people in customer service with the worst attitude in the world. I pay for a service, and I expect to get what I pay for. The end.


Now that I let that out, I reiterate we have overcome. During the Inauguration Ball, I felt like I was watching my parents get married when Obama took Michelle’s hand and danced. Victory. A mind casting thoughts, inside my head my thoughts were flowing untamed. FAITH, DREAMS, INSPIRATIONS, ASPIRATIONS, VICTORY, CERTAINTY, POWER, LOVE, HARDSHIP, FAVOR, SACRAFICE, BELIEF, MOTIVATION, PRIDE, SURREAL, HONOR, SUFFIENCY, DID I SAY FAITH?


Mid-day thoughts….
pic by Ms.Danielle Elise Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment